The Namibian Annual Music Awards has officially set off to embark on the road to its latest edition for 2019, brought to you compliments of MTC and NBC and its valuable partners. Following the significant successes over the past few years Namibia’s biggest night in music is back on the road to what will undoubtedly be another stellar world class production hosting the best of the best in Namibian music entertainment all coming together for one spectacular night of music and recognition of Namibia’s musical stars.
NAMA 2019 will officially open for entries next week Monday, 1st April 2019 and welcomes all Namibian artists with music, either singles or albums, commercially released (made available for sale in any recognized retail trade) in Namibia between the dates of 1st December 2017 and 30th November 2018, to submit their applications by completing the manual printed forms or via the secure online electronic entry system. The application period starts as of the Monday, 1st April 2019 and will run until Friday, 26th April 2019.
NAMA 2019 will host a total of 25 categories, one new additional category added on from last year namely ‘Artist of the Year’. The categories are:
Afrikaans, Damara Punch, Oviritje, Soukous/Kwasa, Afro Pop, Gospel, Kwaito, R&B, Rap/Hip Hop, House, Reggae, Traditional, Collaboration, Single, Newcomer, Music video, Song of the Year, Pan African Artist, Best Album, Best Group, Producer, Lifetime achiever and the newly added category Artist of the Year.
The new category ‘Artist of the Year’ will now see the best talent in Namibia, whether being male or female, compete in this category on an equal platform for the accolade of the overall Best Artist of the Year in Namibia overall. The winner of ‘Artist of the Year’ will be decided by the highest score recorded from the judges vote awarded to the winners of the Best Male and Best Female categories.
An amendment has also been made to the ‘Best Producer’ category. Moving forward the ‘Best Producer’ nominees will be decided by the top 5 overall best scores received from the judges vote for musical entries nominates within the Best Male, Best Female and Group/Duo of the Year categories.
Entries for the Best Music Video category will now only allow one entry per artist, and only music videos produced from a master recording (master original song) that was released within the entry qualifying period will be allowed. If a new music video was produced using an old recording (song) for which the song was released outside of this year’s entry eligibility period, those music videos will not quality for entry, and will no longer be accepted.
The date of the NAMAs 2019 awards ceremony will be announced in the next few weeks, and applicants are encouraged to familiarize themselves with the rules and regulations before applying.
Prospective NAMA 2019 applicants for entries should note the following:
- Entry is free of charge, and artist can enter manually or electronically.
- For manual entries applications forms must be accompanied by the following:
- Copy of Identity document
- 1x Image disc containing the individual/bands image of album cover in high resolution sized between 500-1000 pixels high and wide not exceeding 1MB and 2x original copies of the album with its cover
- All recordings submitted for the Namibia Annual Music Awards must have been commercially released (in other words first made available for sale by any recognized retail trade) in Namibia during the period 1st December 2017 to 30th November 2018, qualifies for entry. Written proof of release details for the entry period must submitted together with the fully completed entry.
- Artists can either drop entries sealed in envelope at any NBC offices country-wide or at MTC Head Office in Windhoek
- If you have entered online, you will be allowed to submit your physical entry form with your albums after the closing date. The onus still remains on the artist to ensure that a physical entry forms and assets reaches the depository on or before the closing date.
- Depositories outside Windhoek is at all NBC regional offices, NBC Head Offices and MTC Head Office in Windhoek.
- Online entries are to be submitted to the following URL at nama2019.com
- Late entries will be disqualified; entry forms can be downloaded from nama.com.na
- For awards rules, entry requirements and other details please visit http://www.nama.com.na
Subscribe and follow the official digital channels for the Namibian Annual Music Awards and be ahead of multiple exciting announcements to follow over the days and weeks ahead including more live performances, hosts, meet-and-greets with the stars, ticket sales, amazing competition packages, and much more.
Official Website: http://www.nama.com.na
Twitter: twitter.com/namibianawards or @namibianawards
Instagram: instagram.com/namibianawards or @namibianawards