The Organizers of the NAMAs have promised Namibians an absolutely amazing event as the NAMAs is set to celebrate its 5th anniversary on the 1st and 2nd May 2015. Executive Chairman of the NAMAs, Tim Ekandjo, who spoke at the Pre-NAMA Press Conference said that all plans are on track to deliver yet another successful event.
This year NAMA weekend is set to yet again deliver an even bigger showcase spectacular of the best of Namibian music within an even more spectacular stage production setting. The production this year at the Swakopmund Indoor Sports Centre will made made up from over 300 pieces of steel trusses and staging, over 250 light fittings, over 60 speaker cabinets, more than 300 hours of setup and rehearsals, a crew of over 100 production specialists, over 300 national and international celebrity and industry executive presenters and hosts, over 40 live performances and 37 NAMA Awards categories, including several very special surpirses set for the night.
“NAMA presents: How to Succeed in the Pan African Music Industry” Conference for aspiring new and established artists, musicians, producers, directors presented by the NAMAs Academy.
• NAMA will this year host a conference session for artists, producers, musicians, directors presenting them with invaluable insights, advice, learnings and tips on how to approach, pursue and succeed their craft, music, brand and music entertainment business across the Pan African continent
• This amazing conference session will be presented by some of the most esteemend music, entertainment media prefessionals and executives from Across the African continent including:
o Sam Onyemelukwe — Managing Director, TRACE TV (Pan Africa, Europe)
o Pearl Hart — Managing Director, Soundcity (Nigeria, Ghana, Pan Africa, Europe)
o Femi Olagbaiye — Managing Director, 1MUSIC (Nigeria, Pan Africa, USA)
o Ruge Mutahaba — Managing Director, CLOUDS Media (Tanzania)
o William Muruu Tuva — Director, Citizen TV (Kenya)
o Karina Barbosa — CEO, STEPS Fasion, Music Entertainment Angola (Angola)
o Jasmine Dotiwala — International Music Entertainment Consultant and Broadcaster (London, United Kingdom)
o Tim Ekandjo – Chief Human Capital & Corporate Affairs Officer (Namibia)
o Daisry Mathias – CEO Team Namibia
• This exclusive conference will take place on the 4th Floor at the Swakopmund Indoor Sports Centre on Friday morning at 9am to 10:30am and limited to 500 attendants.
NAMA Friday Industry Awards:
• Blue Carpet live transmission starts at 20h00
• Live transmission of the awards start at 21h00
• Venue is Swakopmund Sports Indoor Centre Conference Centre and can only accommodate maximum of 510 people and the awards is strictly by invitation with priority going to sponsors, stakeholders, performers and nominees
• A total of 17 categories will be awarded on Friday evening being Best (1) Afrikaans, (2) Shambo, (3)Reggae, (4) Rock, (5) Gospel, (6) Kizomba, (7) Best Single, (8) Acapella, (9) Best Musical Event, (10) Best Live Performance, (11) Most Disciplined Artist, (12) Most Socially Responsible Artist, (13) Entertainment Radio DJ, (14) Entertainment Journalist, (15) Best Producer, (16) Best Song with Message and (17) Lifetime Achievement Award
NAMA Saturday Awards:
• At 19h30 NBC will start transmission with a 15 minutes insert of previous NAMA highlights on
• At 19h55 live blue carpet transmission will commence on NBC till show starts
• Live transmission commences at 21h00 on NBC
• A total of 20 categories will be awarded on Friday evening being Best (1) Damara Punch, (2) Afro-Pop , (3)Oviritje, (4) Best collaboration, (5) Kwaito, (6) R&B, (7) Rap/Hip Hop, (8) House, (9) Group/Duo, (10) Best Newcomer, (11) Traditional, (12) Music Video, (13) Most Popular Artist, (14) Song of the Year, (15) Album of the Year, (16) Soukous/Kwasa, (17) Radio Song of the Year, (18) NAMA Special Award, (19) Best Female Artist, and (20) Best Male Artist of the Year
• Audience around the world can watch both the Friday and Saturday Blue Carpets and Main Award Ceremonies live via live stream by logging into www.mtcnama.mobicompatible on all types of devices online and the web through any internet enabled device, computer, tablet or mobile phone handset
• The Friday Night Blue Carpet Live Stream will start at 20h30 on Friday 1st May and the Main Industry Awards Ceremony will be live from 21h00
• The Saturday Night Blue Carpet Live Stream will start at 19h30 and the Main Awards Ceremony will be live from 21h00
Performing Artist Friday Line Up:
(1) Blossom, (2) Araffath, (3) Dixon, (4) Mr Makoya, (5) NIA, (6) Lonette, (7) KK, (8) Kalux, (9) Exit and (10) Blacksheep
Performing Artist Saturday Line Up:
(1) Lil D, (2) Gazza feat Uhuru, (3) D-Naff feat Tequila & V-LO, (4) Female Donkey, (5) Donsy & Daisy, (6) Sean Naude, (7) Lize-Ehlers, (8) The Dotcomz, (9) Elize, (10) NiaNell, (11) Riana Nell, (12) Bullet Ya Kaoko, (13) Diop, (14) Stardust, (15) Black Vulcanite, (16) Twazi’s and (17) Oteya and 2 surprise performances
Nominees & Performing Artist Logistics:
• Nominees and performing artist will be provided with transport, meals and accommodation
• Performing artist will depart from Windhoek to Swakopmund on Tuesday, 28th April. The bus will depart from Wika Service Station at 7h00 morning. All performing artist going with the bus should be at Wika service station by 6h00 morning.
• All Nominees will depart from Windhoek to Swakopmund on the 1st May. The bus will depart from Wika Service Station at 6h00 morning. All artist going with the bus should be at Wika service station from 5h00 morning.
VIP Treatment for Nominees:
All Nominees will be escorted from the Swakopmund Bungalouws to the venues blue carpet with C-class Mercedes Benzes .
There will be dedicated parking and entrances for the VIP’s at the main entrance of the Swakopmund Indoor Sports Centre on both the Friday and Saturday shows, only accessible for accredited VIP guests and a dedicated entrance and parking for the public including a Computicket Box Office should you not have already purchased your ticket. Guests are encourage to purchase tickets well in advance of the show to avoid